Friday, December 9, 2011

Hobby Horse Outfit


Attention all: I finally sewed with knits! Now that I sewed together a little shirt, I have no idea what scared me. So, here is what I made to go along with my niece's hobby horse (I posted about it here)...

I made her a little cowgirl shirt. I was inspired by Homemade by Jill's recent post of a similar shirt she made for a gift. I used Little Blue Boo's Sienna Dress pattern - and it was much simpler than I thought. I attached a little sheriffs star to make it a little more fun.


Unfortunately, 2 year-olds sometimes find horses that have a larger head than they do scary. They don't always get as excited about the gift as the person who made it. Then, they may not be interested in the outfit. There may be screaming. And, I guess you really can't talk a 2 year-old into liking something.


I linked up to: Tatertots and JelloI Heart Nap Time, Blissful and Domestic, Tip Junkie Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Oh my cuteness! I know what you mean about how sometimes we make stuff and those dang littles are not as excited as us. That always stinks:> I'd love for you to link it up to my Feature Friday Linky Party

    http://blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com/search/label/feature%20friday

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. I'm still scared to sew with knits. Congratulations, it turned out great!

    megan
    craftycpa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete