Friday, February 3, 2012

Friday Night Treat: Raspberry Ribbons

I know that the typical fruit of Valentine's Day is the strawberry, but this Friday and next Friday I want to show you some delicious recipes for Valentine's Day that involve raspberries.

If you missed yesterday's post, I showed you how to make a fabric candy box. This recipe is a perfect little treat to put instead. Now, it is a butter cookie, so I would recommend putting down a little bit of tissue paper under the cookies so you don't stain your fabric.

Here is the recipe to get you started:

Raspberry Ribbons
from Taste of Home's Christmas Cookies & Candy book
(I know, totally the wrong holiday - but a delicious recipe that is perfect for this holiday!)

1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup raspberry jam

GLAZE:
1 cup confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons evaporated milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.


Divide the dough into four portions; shape each into a 10-in. x 2-1/2-in. log. Place 4 in. apart on greased or foil-lined baking sheets. Make a 1/2-in. depression down the center of each log. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.


Fill depression with jam. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes.


Remove to a cutting board, cut into 3/4-in. slices.


Place on wire racks. In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients. Drizzle over warm cookies. Cool completely.

Yield: about 5 dozen.


Now you have a special Valentine's treat to add inside of your candy box!

Make sure to stop back next Friday for another treat you could add to the box!
What are some of your favorite sweet treats to make for the one you love?

Pin It

13 comments:

  1. These look absolutely scrumptious! I would love it if you stopped by to share this at my linky party going on right now:)
    http://too-much-time.com/2012/02/diy-craft-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Visiting from tt&j. These look so yummy! And you make them look so simple to do. Im going to have to try them soon. yum yum yum :)

    If you get a chance I would love for you to share this at my Friday link party :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talk about yummy...I'm drooling! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word - YUM! Thank you so much for linking these up to my party this week! Have a great rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man those look so good. I am saving this for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look amazing! Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum. Nom, nom, nom! Please consider sharing this with my readers over at http://sassafrassalvation.blogspot.com/2012/02/sasss-sunday-salvation-show-10.html
    Hugs, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those look just delicious! I'd love for you to share with my readers if you get the chance: http://www.momontimeout.com/2012/02/taking-timeout-thursday-no-16.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks delicious.. Thanks for linking up at friday fun party..

    ReplyDelete
  10. ZOMG! Those look just like a treat they sold at my old bakery in Texas! Thank you so much for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Visiting from I Heart Nap Time's Sundae Scoop :)

    Kristina
    http://www.yomichaelmichael.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look so yummy! I can't wait to make them! Would love it if you came by and linked up to my Manic Monday Linky Party!
    -Melissa
    http://serendipityandspice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete